Ever wanted to be like Mike? Owning one of the motorcycles being auctioned off for Michael Jordan Motorsports may not do that for you, but could certainly impress your friends. Auctions America will takes bids on the five bikes during its sale Jan.12-14.
”We’re both honored and excited to have been entrusted with the presentation of these select Michael Jordan Motorsports team bikes for the first time at a public sale,” president of Auctions America by RM Donnie Gould said. What bikes are going to sold, you might wonder. Here is the list of MJM’s offerings on the block:
- Race-winning 2008 Suzuki GSX-R1000 AMA Superstock. Signed by Michael Jordan and ridden by Aaron Yates and Geoff May. The bike claimed the 2008 Superstock Championship.
- Yamaha YZF-R1 AMA Superbike, ridden by Montez Stewart in 2004, the team’s first season.
- 2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000 AMA Superstock, featuring detailed graphics of the Air Jordan XX.
- 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 AMA Superstock, ridden by Jake Holden.
- 2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000 AMA Superstock, also ridden by Holden.
These bikes may not make you be “like Mike,” but they are a bigger piece of history than buying Hanes underwear.